Sophie Adams | Level 3 Beauty Therapy Massage
Level 3 goes into massage, facial electrics and hot stones. We have guest speakers from Spas which help you get a feel for what is out there, and we are going to visit a high-end Spa in Harrogate and try some of the treatments. I quite like doing massage and hope to do this in a Spa in the Lakes when the course ends.Read More
This course will give you the qualifications and experience necessary to enter the field of massage therapy and go on to work in beauty salons, spas, as a sales representative, on cruise ships, in health centres, or even start your own business.
You will learn in a variety of situations including, theory classes, practical workshops and public salons, which are well equipped to prepare you for industry.
This range of experience is designed to help you gain confidence, independence and professional awareness.
During the course you will study a number of units including:
- Body Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Stone Massage
- Pre Blended Aromatherapy
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Explore the origins of massage and principles of complementary and alternative medicine.
- Maintaining personal health and wellbeing.
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
Assessment will be via:
- A Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstrations and Assignments
- A Written Examination
This is an assessment-based programme and although you will have the time on the course for tutor supported learning, you must be prepared to allocate some of your own time for revision and to complete assignments.
Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, plus you must show interest and motivation with a keenness to learn.
All students interested in this course should contact the course tutor prior to enrolment.
Lyndsay Arundale: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alysia Parkin: email@example.com
After Your Course
This course will enable you to progress onto a career as a beauty-therapist.
You will gain the qualifications and experience necessary to enter the field of Beauty Therapy either locally or further afield.
You could work within the industry in a number of areas, such as:
- Beauty salons
- Health farms
- Sales representatives
- Cruise ships
- Health centres
- Self employed - setting up your own business
Progression opportunities to Higher Education include the Level 4 Salon Management or Management roles.
Course fees are per year for full-time & degree-level courses, and per course for part-time ones. The current full-time & degree-level fee information is related to the 2020/21 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2021/22 will be updated in the Spring Term 2021. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/20
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
Level 3-6 Courses for Adults
Advanced Learning Loans are available for students aged 19+ and studying an eligible Level 3/4/5 and 6 Course. If you are on an Access course, the loan will be written off if you complete a degree.
Please speak to Student Services for more information on course fees.