The Level 1 ITQ Certificate consists of five modules.:
- IT User Fundamentals (3 Credits)
- Using Email (2 Credits)
- Using the Internet ( 3 Credits)
- Word processing (3 Credits)
- Improving Productivity Using IT (3 Credits)
The course is designed to cover the key concepts of computing, its practical applications and their use in the workplace and society in general.
Benefits of the Course:
- Raises your level of competency in IT and computing skills
- Improves your productivity at home and work
- Provides you with a worldwide recognised qualification
The course will cover:
Internet: How to search and stay safe when using the Internet. Completing online forms, downloading and copying images & text from the internet
Email: Send & receive emails. Create an address book for contacts. Manage your email account & keep it tidy. Block unwanted email messages & stay safe.
Word Processing:Creating documents using Word Processing software such as letters, forms, and menus. Aligning & formatting text, inserting & working with images & creating diagrams. Proof reading & spell checking documents.
IT User Fundamentals:
Learning the basics - saving work, file management, staying safe. Identifying hardware & software.
Improving Productivity Using IT:
Recognising the best ways to carry out IT tasks improving your productivity.
Assessment will take place throughout the duration of your course. You will gather evidence in a portfolio; this is done during lessons. Your tutor will observe you carrying out tasks. There is NO EXAM to sit to achieve your award.
This qualification is ideal for novice computer users wishing to prove and improve their computing skills. It has been designed for those who wish to gain a basic qualification in computing, to help them with their current job, develop their IT skills or enhance their career prospects.
Familiarity with Windows and the use of a mouse is essential, and candidates should have a level 1 qualification in English and Maths.
After Your Course
Developing your IT skills during this course will be beneficial to many career paths.
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course