The qualification is taught by a range of highly experienced lecturers with many years of experience within the Complementary Therapy industry.
Within the qualification, you will learn basic massage, aromatherapy and reflexology treatments. Furthermore, you will learn about anatomy and physiology and healthy eating and wellbeing for the complementary therapy client.
The course is delivered within a salon setting, and this will include theory, practical workshops and public clinics.
Assessment is through portfolio work, assignments, assessments and exams.
The public clinic will enable you to work on a variety of different clients and will build confidence and develop interpersonal skills.
There are no formal prerequisite qualifications that you must have before undertaking this qualification.
After Your Course
On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; qualifications you could progress to include:
- VTCT Level 3 Award in Healthy Eating and Wellbeing for the Complementary Therapy Client
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Reflexology
- VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Massage
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapies
Course fees are per year. The current fee information is related to the 2018/19 academic year and is subject to change before the start of the course. Fees for 2019/20 will be updated in the Spring Term. There may also be additional costs associated with the course.
This course is funded by the government and may be free if you are:
- Aged 16-18 on 31/08/18
- Aged 19-23 on an Entry Level or Level 1 course with intent to progress to a Level 2 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first full Level 2 or Level 3 course
- Aged 19-23 on your first Level 4 course (if you haven’t already got a Level 3 qualification)
- Aged 19+ on Functions Skills or GCSE English or Maths
- Unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA(WRAG)/Universal Credit or another eligible state benefit on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course
- Member of a low income household & in financial hardship on an Entry Level, Level 1 or Level 2 course